Monday, October 4, 2010

Green Tea

I found more interesting info on Green Tea. I suggest that everyone drink a cup or two a day! Even if you don't like the taste, chug it down!  I don't mean the so called Green tea that you by already made in a plastic bottle either, that stuff is full of sugar and preservatives. Just buy some green tea bags and make yourself a cup, it's pretty easy. Some info I found on Green Tea~

~Green tea protects your DNA. that's now a proven scientific fact.
~Green tea drinkers seem to avoid weight gain, depression, cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer's disease.
~ It purifies the body by eliminating free radicals. Free radicals are those unstable molecules that cause disease and age your body.
~Green tea promotes the healthy turnover of cells in your body. Technically, it's called "apoptosis." And it prompts old cells to die off so that new, healthy cells can take their place. Apoptosis also prevents cancer by blocking the uncontrolled growth and spread of damaged cells.
~ Green tea also protects your DNA, the tiny building blocks found inside nearly every cell in your body.
~Researchers took samples of the participants' blood and urine before and after the month-long study. Their analysis showed that the group who drank green tea reduced their DNA damage by 20 percent. And that was after just 30 days of drinking green tea!

If you ask me, this is a pretty simple way to help yourself be healthier! It also says that the more you drink the better, so if you like the taste, try to drink it a few times a day. I have noticed that it does help my energy level too! 
Oh, one more thing, I used to be a coffee drinker, and I used to hate the taste of green tea! You can "acquire" a taste for it! I still love coffee and have it as a treat a few times a week, but I am really trying to stick w/the green tea. So don't give me that excuse that you love coffee and hate the taste of tea.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment